Brayden and Jillian in their new Christmas pajamas

Brayden and Jillian in their new Christmas pajamas

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Here is a recap on my busy week. On Friday Buck and I drove down to Alabama to visit his family for Christmas. The drive down wasn't too bad and surprisingly the kids were good, they did however get restless toward the end (it's a 9 hour drive). We had a great time while there. It's always great to get to spend time with Buck's family. We drove home on Monday and I finished up on last minute shopping on Tuesday.Jillian and I also went to see the Nutcracker on Tuesday afternoon in Cincinnati. I loved it and she enjoyed it for the most part but it was a little long for a 5 year old to sit still. Today I made a new recipe for chocolate truffles. Here it is
1/2 bag of Oreo cookies crushed
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
16 oz bag of chocolate chips or whatever chips you like

Mix crushed Oreos and cream cheese with a mixer until blended. Mixture will be slightly lumpy. Roll into balls and put on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or aluminium foil and put into freezer for 2 hours to cool and harden. After 2 hours take balls out and melt chips in microwave for 90 seconds. With a fork dip balls into melted chocolate and return to lined cookie sheet. After all balls are covered return sheet back to freezer for at least an hour.

This was a BIG hit with my family this Christmas Eve! I made mine with Andes Mint chips to make mint chocolate truffles. We had two places to go to this evening which makes for a busy night but as long as we're with family it doesn't feel like a chore. I truly enjoy spending time with my family. During our stop at my aunts house we watched Santa as he flew across the world. That was exciting to know where he had been. There even was video of him flying. As like every Christmas, the kids got to open one gift each before bedtime (they get Christmas pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve), then we read The Polar Express. This year we got the treat of having Brayden read it along with sound effects. That made for a heartwarming moment. I do still have a few gifts to wrap before I go to bed, tomorrow will be an exciting and busy day as well. I do love Christmas time and to see my children's eyes light up when they see what Santa has brought is precious. Do know that we are reminded daily of what Christmas really is about, the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

No comments: